Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We made it home

Here are Al, Katherine, and my dad, Craig, outside of the U.S. Consulate after our swearing in ceremony last Wednesday. That day 55 families were formed in one room in one moment. It was amazing; a remarkable and an unremarkable moment at once. No photos were allowed so you will have to take my word that there was joy, and celebration, and relief, and fussy children, and weary travelers. Families are formed every day. This was Elsa's day. I love this photo. I love the people in this photo. (Even the stray bicyclist). Thank you, Al, Dad, and Katherine for sharing all of this with me.


Here is Dad on the lobby floor of the White Swan Hotel. We were waiting on our shuttle at 6:30am. on Thursday. He was curious why there was such a georgous, expansive lobby and no place to sit.

Here is Dad sitting on the floor at the Shanghai airport later that same day...the man just needs a chair, people!!!

Dad finally found a chair to sit with Elsa. He likes her!

Elsa was pretty good on the flight home. She slept some... She made friends with the flight attendants... She did throw up an entire bottle of apple juice all over me but it made me feel and smell like a new mom! Bring it on girl. I can take it!!!

Elsa's first experience with a car seat! She liked it!!!


When we got home my friends had made a sign for Elsa. She knew that she was home!

Elsa finally at home in her own bed. Bless you, child. Sleep well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home